Sunday, December 27, 2009

We're still in Ohio

Our boat did arrive safely in Mobile. Turner Marine, is closed between Christmas and New Years so we will be in Ohio for a few more weeks.

It has been quite the emotional ride since we have been here. My mother in law has improved some but I received a call from my brother about my father declining. That was kind of a surprise to me since I had seen him just after Thanksgiving and he was doing fine. He passed away on Monday the 21st. He lived 100 years, 8 months and 16 days. I think he just decided it was time to go and be with my mother in heaven for Christmas. We laid him to rest on the 26th.

I probably won't post again until we are back on the boat. We are still planning on heading for the Florida Keys once she has been launched and thoroughly checked out to make sure everything is back working again.

No comments: